Spring lamb is a definite for any backyard BBQ or causal spring time soirée. Marinated with our Bee Warm Macadamia Honey, this recipe hits all the right notes.
Beechworth Honey & Mint Marinated Lamb Skewers with Tahini Yoghurt
Yield 10-12 skewers
- 1.2 kg good quality diced lamb (1cm cubes)
- 2 tbs Beechworth Honey Bee Warm Macadamia Honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- Juice of one lemon
- 5 garlic cloves, finely diced
- Pinch of S&P
- 10-12 soaked bamboo skewers
- 1 cup of Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbs of hulled tahini
- 1 tbs Beechworth Honey Bee Warm Macadamia Honey
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pinch of S&P
- Soak bamboo skewers in water, set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and carefully thread 3-4 cubes of the marinated lamb on the soaked bamboo skewers.
- Drizzle extra marinade over skewers.
- Heat a heavy based pan over a med-high heat, drizzle with a little olive oil
- Carefully place half the skewers into the hot pan. Cook on each side for 1-2 minutes, aiming for a deep golden colour. Remove the first batch from the pan and repeat with the second half. Also perfect for cooking on a hot grill or BBQ.
- Allow to rest while making the tahini yoghurt.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well until the mixture thickens.
- In a large shallow serving dish, spread the tahini yoghurt mixture evenly in the bottom.
- Arrange a garnish of green herbs around the edge of the bowl
- Carefully stack the rested lamb skewers
- Drizzle the resting meat juices
- Garnish with extra chopped mint and lemon wedges
Courses Lunch or Dinner