This recipe is a Beechworth Honey favourite! This easy-to-follow, traditional recipe will have you enjoying hot, buttery, homemade crumpets in no time at all. We dare you to stop at just one.
Delicious Homemade Crumpets
- 375g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 11⁄2 teaspoon dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 500ml water, warm not hot
- In a medium sized bowl, sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together
- Add yeast and sugar and stir to combine
- Add warm water
- Stir well with a spoon until free from lumps
- Cover and rest for 30 minutes
- Cook in buttered rings on a low to medium heat, ideally in a non stick frying pan Note: only half fill each crumpet ring
- Remove the rings and flip the crumpets when they are nearly cooked through to briefly seal the top
Tip: Serve with butter and your favourite Beechworth Honey!