Beechworth Honey, Pear & Quince Glazed Ham
- 3/4 cup Bee Bold Red Stringy Bark Honey or your favourite Beechworth Honey
- 5kg leg of ham, skin removed.
- 1 tbs sherry vinegar
- 120g quince paste
- 3 firm beurre bosc or brown pears, thinly sliced (a mandolin is best)
- Baking paper & kitchen twine
- Pre heat oven to 150 degree celcius.
- Combine vinegar, quince paste and honey into a small saucepan, on medium heat.
- Whisk to combine.
- Continue to whisk until mixture thickens, being careful not to burn. This will take around 2 minutes.
- Wrap the ham hock with baking paper, securing firmly with kitchen twine.
- Apply a liberal coat of the glaze over the ham.
- Creating a scalloped effect, apply the pear slices to the glazed ham, starting at the opposite end to the hock. Add more glaze to the pear, after each row is complete to help secure the next row.
- Once all the pears have been arranged, apply another good brush of glaze over the pears before baking.
- Bake in a 150 degree celsius oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven every 10 minutes, and gently brush with the glaze and pan juice to build up colour and flavour.
- Once removed from the oven, serve immediately with crispy roast potatoes and your favourite greens.
Courses Lunch or Dinner