Almond & Pumpkin Dip
Yield 10 serves
Spices, honey, almonds and roasted butternut pumpkin are the perfect combination for a unique, casual starter.
- 400g Butternut Pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into 3cm cubes.
- ½ tablespoon Moroccan spice
- ½ tablespoon ground coriander
- ½ tablespoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Beechworth Honey - Bee Fruity Red Gum
- 2 tablespoons of Almond Nuts
- Salt & Pepper
- Pita bread or crusty bread for serving
- Preheat Oven to 190°C.
- Put the pumpkin, spices and oil into a roasting dish and mix well. Roast until thepumpkin is soft and browned.
- Puree in a food processor or stick blender with the honey and almonds, cream & lemon juice
- Season with salt and pepper.
Serve warm or cold with warm pita bread or crusty bread.