The Classic Pavlova with Classic Beechworth Honey
- 225 ml egg white (about 6 eggs)
- 1½ cups (330 g) caster sugar
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1½ tsp white vinegar
- 600ml thickened cream
- 400gm strawberries, chopped
- 3 kiwi fruit, diced
- Pulp of 3 passionfruit
- Classic Honey to taste
- Place the egg white in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar, a 1-2 tablespoons at a time, whisking until each addition is dissolved before adding more.
- It's very important to take your time, making sure the sugar has dissolved. Be patient!
- Once all the sugar has been added, scrape down the sides of the bowl and whisk for a further 10–15 minutes or until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Add the cornflour and vinegar to the egg white mixture and whisk for 30 seconds or until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F). Using a pencil, draw a 20 cm circle on a sheet of non-stick baking paper. Place the baking paper, pencil-side down, on a baking tray.
- Spoon the meringue mixture into the circle to make a neat round, shaping it as you go.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 120°C (250°F) and bake for 1 hour. Allow to cool completely in the closed oven.
- Whisk cream on a medium speed, adding a good squeeze of Classic Beechworth Honey. We add approximately 1 tablespoon, but you can add more or less to taste.
- Whisk until soft peaks form, taking care not to over whip.
- Spoon the cream on the meringue, topping with the classic combination of strawberries, kiwifruit and passionfruit.
- Finish with a good squeeze of Classic Honey.