Beechworth Honey Experience and our Bee School provide all age groups with a fun, interactive learning experience. Visitors are offered the opportunity to enjoy and explore the amazing world of honeybees.
Step inside Beechworth Honey Experience and discover the unique story of delicious 100% Australian honey. Enjoy our free educational honey tour and learn the history behind this unique family business and the fascinating process at Beechworth Honey of gathering and supplying honey to market. See live bees up close and sample Australia’s largest range of premium honeys while browsing our great array of honey products, drinks and homewares.
Make the next stop on your itinerary Beechworth Honey's Bee School, just a short walk down Ford Street. This centre is inspired by bees and their importance to our food security. You will also be able to enjoy honey mead tasting at our cellar door as well as complimentary daily demonstrations and talks, food and drink tastings of delicious fun ways to enjoy honey and food pollinated by bees.
These activities as well as exciting cooking demonstrations validate the fact that one in every three mouthfuls of food is all thanks to our honeybees and their pollination of Australia’s agricultural produce.
If your group is looking to do something a little more hands-on why not book a workshop or cooking class in the Hive Kitchen. Finish your visit browsing in the Bee School's General Store or book a visit to read and research in the Historic Archive; a unique centre full of rare beekeeping books, photographs, journals and displays.
In order to fully immerse your group we recommend at least 45 minutes at Beechworth Honey Experience followed by a visit to the Bee School. Please discuss with us your requirements.
- Beechworth Honey Experience is open from 9am to 5.30pm 7 days a week
- Tours are available between 9am to 4.30 pm 7 days a week, excluding public holidays
- The Bee School by Beechworth Honey is open from 9am to 5:30pm 7 days a week
- Entry into the Beechworth Honey Experience and the Bee School is FREE of charge
- If you wish to book a workshop/cooking class fees will apply
- Bookings are required for the Beechworth Honey Archive as well as a gold coin donation to the Wheen Bee Foundation
For enquiries and quotes please contact our team on Tel: (03) 5728 1433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.