- 125 ml double cream
- 25 g butter
- 2 tbsp Traditional Beechworth Honey
- 280 g good quality dark chocolate (you can use milk chocolate if you prefer )
- 1 handful hazelnuts (crushed or chopped)
- 50 g good quality cocoa powder
- 50 g good quality white chocolate powder
- Prepare the chocolate by breaking into pieces.
- Place the double cream, butter and honey in a small saucepan and bring to gently to the boil stirring constantly.
- Take the saucepan off the heat.
- Pour the mixture over the chocolate pieces and stir through with a metal spoon allowing the chocolate to melt. Stir until fully melted.
- Refrigerate for around 2 hours or until the mixture is set.
- Toast the hazelnuts and crush them into small pieces placing then into a dessert bowl.
- Place the cocoa and white chocolate powder into two different dessert bowls.
- With a teaspoon scoop small balls of the chocolate mixture and roll into balls, rolling into either the hazelnuts, cocoa or white chocolate to coat the truffles.
- Repeat until the chocolate mix is used and place the truffles in the fridge to set fully before serving them.
- Use a Beechworth Honey Reusable Storage Jar to store your truffles in!