- 125 ml double cream
- 25 g butter
- 2 tbsp Traditional Beechworth Honey
- 280 g good quality dark chocolate (you can use milk chocolate if you prefer )
- 1 handful hazelnuts (crushed or chopped)
- 50 g good quality cocoa powder
- 50 g good quality white chocolate powder
- Prepare the chocolate by breaking into pieces.
- Place the double cream, butter and honey in a small saucepan and bring to gently to the boil stirring constantly.
- Take the saucepan off the heat.
- Pour the mixture over the chocolate pieces and stir through with a metal spoon allowing the chocolate to melt. Stir until fully melted.
- Refrigerate for around 2 hours or until the mixture is set.
- Toast the hazelnuts and crush them into small pieces placing then into a dessert bowl.
- Place the cocoa and white chocolate powder into two different dessert bowls.
- With a teaspoon scoop small balls of the chocolate mixture and roll into balls, rolling into either the hazelnuts, cocoa or white chocolate to coat the truffles.
- Repeat until the chocolate mix is used and place the truffles in the fridge to set fully before serving them.
- Use a Beechworth Honey Reusable Storage Jar to store your truffles in!
Traditional Beechworth Honey
Once you’ve made your way through 950g of pure Australian honey, our large Traditional Honey jar can live on in the pantry. You can repurpose the generous sized jar to house homemade biscuits or your favourite flour, rice or pasta. From family beekeepers since 1880’s. Traditional Honey is a great all-rounder and a must-have pantry item.