- 4 slices fresh sourdough bread
- 160 ml full cream milk
- 3 eggs (slightly whisked)
- ¼ cup Beechworth Honey (Bee Fruity Blue Gum Honey recommended)
- 60 grams unsalted butter
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 250 grams ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp Beechworth Honey
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 250 gram punnet fresh blackberries
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp Beechworth Honey
- In a large bowl combine the milk, eggs, honey and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined.
- Dip the slices of sourdough into the egg mixture to coat evenly.
- In a frying pan, over a medium heat, melt half the butter then cook 2 slices of egg-coated bread, cooking for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. Next add the remaining butter and cook the second batch of sourdough slices.
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and whisk vigorously until well combined and ricotta becomes light and fluffy.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and evenly scatter the blackberries on top.
- Place thyme sprigs randomly on top of the berries and drizzle with honey.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes until the berries collapse slightly.
- Remove from oven; allow to cool slightly.