- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 g unsalted butter (cubed)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Bee Warm Black Box Honey
- 1/2 cup thickened cream (plus extra for brushing)
- 170 g frozen blueberries
- 100 g white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the cubed butter and rub together using your fingers until the dough resembles coarse sand with a few larger pieces remaining. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla, honey, and heavy cream. Pour over the flour mixture, add the blueberries and white chocolate, and lightly mix until the dough just comes together. Avoid overworking the dough, it will be somewhat sticky.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. With floured hands, form the dough into a circle. Flatten the dough until it is about 1 inch thick. Using a sharp knife, cut 8 equal pie wedges. Transfer scones to a baking sheet using a flat spatula and brush the tops of the scones with additional cream.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Drizzle the scones with extra honey to serve.
Bee Warm Black Box Honey
Black Box Honey is pale to medium amber and has a sweet caramelised aroma. It has warm buttery flavours reminiscent of brown sugar, has medium sweetness without a lingering aftertaste.