- 1 packet gingernut biscuits
- ⅓ cup orange juice (pulp free)
- 400 gram cream cheese
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 5 tbsp Beechworth Honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 pinch salt
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 grams flaked almonds
- To make the cream cheese filling, add the cream cheese, lemon rind, lemon juice, 2 tbsp honey and a pinch of salt to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric beater and mix until all ingredients are combined and the mixture is smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a separate large bowl combine the thickened cream, 2 tbsp honey, and vanilla extract and beat on high until it forms thick peaks. Cover and refrigerate.
- Spread a layer of the cream cheese filling down the centre of a long-serving board or plate. This will form the base of the log.
- Pour the orange juice into a small shallow dish. One at a time, dip each biscuit into the orange juice, then spread a generous teaspoon of cream cheese filling onto the flat part of the biscuit. Sandwich with a second biscuit and repeat until you have a stack of five biscuits. Place them upright on the serving dish using the cream cheese base to keep them upright.
- Repeat the above step until you have used all of your ingredients, or your cake is the desired shape and size. We used five rows of five biscuits to create a long rectangular log shape.
- Remove the whipped honey cream from the fridge. Spread the cream over the outside of the biscuit log in a generous layer ensuring all biscuits are evenly covered.
- Place the log into the fridge for at least 1 hour to allow the biscuit filling to soften before serving.
- While the log is chilling, make the caramelised honey almonds. Mix the 1 tbsp of honey, almond flakes, and salt. Spread them out on a baking tray in a thin layer. Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes. Keep a close eye on it as it can easily burn. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
- To serve, break up the caramelised honey almonds and spread them evenly along the top of the log. Cut the log into thick slices and serve.
Beechworth Honey Traditional Honey Jar 950g
Once you’ve made your way through 950g of pure Australian honey, our large Traditional Honey jar can live on in the pantry. You can repurpose the generous sized jar to house homemade biscuits or your favourite flour, rice or pasta.