- 1.5 kg leg of lamb
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup red wine
- 2 tbsp Bee Warm Yapunyah Honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Remove lamb from refrigerator about 20 minutes before cooking.
- Combine all ingredients except the lamb in a saucepan. Bring to the boil while stirring. Remove and leave to cool slightly.
- Place lamb in baking dish and pour sauce over the meat.
- Roast lamb for about 1 1/2 hours, allowing 30 minutes per 500 g meat. Basting occasionally with the sauce. Check the roast every 20 minutes and if liquid is evaporating, add extra water or red wine. (Sauce can scorch easily.)
- Remove lamb roast to a heated serving dish and cover loosely. Leave to rest for 10 minutes, when lamb will be juicier and easier to carve.
- Heat any remaining juices in the pan to make a gravy if desired.
Bee Warm Yapunyah Honey
Yapunyah Honey is pale to medium amber in colour and has a sweet honey aroma and warm caramel flavour. It has a medium sweetness and a slight aftertaste. Yapunyah Honey crystallises rapidly.