Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 cups Milk (Milk of your preference!)
- .5 cup Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- .5 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Bee Bold Snow Gum Honey
- 1 Banana
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Bee Bold Snow Gum Honey
- .25 tsp Ground cinnamon
- .5 Red apple (Sliced thinly)
- 1 tbsp Slivered almonds (Toasted or un-toasted)
- 1 tbsp Dried cranberries
- Anything you love! Flaxseed, sultanas - the world is your brekkie bowl!
Chia Seed pudding
- Combine milk, chia seeds, honey, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a saucepan, and whisk vigourously. Set aside to set for 30 - 40mins. It will resemble almost-set jelly when ready.
- Gently heat over a low heat to loosen up. This won't take too long.
- Once your chia pudding is warm, melt the coconut oil, honey and cinnamon in a non-stick fry pan.
- Once it has started bubbling, add the sliced banana. Do not touch, as you want the banana to go nice and golden. Once the honey and oil start turning a golden brown colour, turn off the heat.
Into the bowl!
- Carefully spoon around 1 cup of your chia seed pudding into a bowl, and nicely arrange your toppings, including your warm caramelised banana.
- Serve with a good sprinkle of cinnamon and of course an extra drizzle of honey. Enjoy!
- The left over chia pudding can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days, and can be eaten cold (much firmer consistency) or you can warm it up again.
Bee Bold Snow Gum Honey
Snow Gum Honey comes from the iconic trees found in Victoria’s snow covered High Country. It is pale amber in colour and has woody, eucalypt flavours with notes of roasted hazelnuts. A dry, slightly bitter honey with a strong bitey aftertaste. Very slow to crystallise.