A tangy twist on the classic roast chicken. Give your roast some extra interest with this honey and lemon combination.
Perfect honey partner: Bee Cause Mountain Honey
Honey and Lemon Glazed Roasted Chicken
- 1 roasting chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 1/4 cups fresh lemon juice (from about 6 large lemons)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup Beechworth Honey
- Marinate the chicken in the lemon juice and honey in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate the chicken for several hours overnight turning occasionally so that the chicken stays well covered with the lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 220ºC.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle the exterior of the chicken and the cavity generously with salt and pepper. Place thyme sprigs into the cavity and place chicken breast side down on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes at 220ºC, then reduce the oven temperature to 190ºC and roast for 45 minutes more.