- 375 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp dried yeast
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 500 ml warm water
- Bee Warm Almond Honey (to serve)
- 1 1/2 cups salted butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups Bee Warm Almond Honey
- In a medium sized bowl, sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Add yeast and sugar and stir to combine.
- Add warm water.
- Stir well with a spoon until free from lumps.
- Cover and rest for 30 minutes.
- Cook in buttered rings on a low to medium heat, ideally in a non stick frying pan (only half fill each crumpet ring).
- Remove the rings and flip the crumpets when they are nearly cooked through to briefly seal the top.
- To make the whipped butter, simply place the room temperature butter in a bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer or wooden spoon. Add honey and whip for desired consistency.
- Serve with whipped butter and Bee Warm Almond Honey and some toasted flaked almonds for an added crunch!
Bee Warm Almond Honey Jar 350g
Almond Honey is medium amber in colour has a vegetal aroma common to the outdoors. It has a warm woody flavour that finishes with hints of marzipan and a slightly bitter aftertaste.