This simple and fast recipe transforms prawns into the perfect sweet and spicy party food.
Perfect Honey Partner: Bee Bold Souther Blue Gum
Honey Chilli Prawn Skewers
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 long red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of Beechworth Honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 24 raw prawns, peeled & divided
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Handful of baby spinach or coriander, freshly chopped to serve.
- Wooden skewers
- Thread 3 prawns onto each wooden skewer and place on a plate and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the honey, olive oil, lime juice with the garlic and chilli.
- Brush the mixture over the prawns, season with sea salt and ground black pepper and then place them under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes either side.
- Serve straight away with lime wedges and some freshly chopped coriander or on a bed of baby spinach.