Honey-Rosemary Beer Bread
Yield 4 Serves
In under an hour you can bring these basic ingredients together in a delicious loaf of beer bread. This recipe is best created with a locally sourced brew. With a leading craft brewery being less than 100m away, we used Beechworth's own Bridge Road Brewers lager!
It's a perfect side to have with dips, spreads, meats & barbeques.
Perfect honey partner: Bee Bold Snow Gum Honey
- 3 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle of beer - 375ml (lager)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of Beechworth Honey
- 6 tablespoons butter
1. Place the butter into a loaf tin (approx. 22x12x7cm). Put it in the oven while the oven is preheating to melt.
2. Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in the beer, rosemary and honey until it is just incorporated. (The dough will be sticky and heavy.)
3. Allow the melted butter to coat the inside of the loaf tin. Tip out the remaining butter and set aside. Spoon the bread dough into the tin and spread evenly; drizzle the remaining melted butter over the top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 180C, or until the bumpy top is golden brown.
4. Remove the bread from the oven to a cooling rack; cut and serve warm.