In our family, we warm ourselves with bowls of healthy porridge each morning.
Alongside delicious honey, we add locally grown apples in this comforting favourite. It’s amazing how something so simple can taste so special and keep you warm even on the coolest of days. Enjoy!
And the best porridge partner? BeeCause Bush Honey*
Part of our #honeywarmers winter recipe series.
Vanilla & Honey Porridge Topped with Caramelised Apples
Yield 4 serves
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 red apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Beechworth Honey
- Place the oats, milk, water and vanilla extract into a saucepan and cook stirring occasionally for 8 minutes or until thickened.
- To make caramelised apples. Heat a large non stick frying pan over high heat, melt butter add apples cook each side for approximately 1 minute.
- Add honey and cook for a further 2 minutes or until golden and caramelised.
- Spoon into serving bowls, top with honeyed apples and drizzle with extra honey.