This delicious baked camembert recipe is the perfect anytime indulgence. Best shared with friends….
Honey suggestions: Honey for Cheese, Honey & Nuts
We teamed up with the great folks at Essentials Magazine to create this series of honey-inspired recipes for the Summer 2018 issue.
Vine Leaf Baked Camembert
with Bee Quirky Honey & Nuts, pickled carrot, muscatels & crostini
- 1 small wheel of quality Camembert cheese
- 6-8 vine leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 jar Beechworth Honey’s Bee Quirky Honey & Nuts
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp pickling spice mix (from your supermarket)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienne sliced
- Wrap the cheese wheel with vine leaves, ensuring that the wheel is completely covered.
- Bake the cheese on a lined baking tray for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese has become soft to touch and the vine leaves crispy.
- In a medium saucepan add water, sugar, vinegar and pickling spice mix. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the julienned carrot. Allow to cool in pickling liquid to infuse flavours.
Preheat oven to 180c
Serve baked cheese immediately, generously topped with Bee Quirky Honey & Nuts and a side serve of pickled carrots, muscatels & crostini.