- 1 cup dried apricots (diced)
- 2 granny smith apples (diced)
- 3/4 cup Bee Bold Peppermint Honey
- 2.5 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 250 g unsalted butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven at 180°C. Grease a 19cm x 29cm lamington tin and line with baking paper.
- Place the diced apricots and apples in a small saucepan with 1/4 cup of honey and 1 tbsp of water. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until apples are softened and water is absorbed. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine the oats and flour in a large bowl. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of honey and melted butter and mix well to combine. The mixture should hold together when pressed without crumbling.
- Press two-thirds of the mixture over the base of the prepared tin.
- Spread the fruit mixture over the base ensuring it is evenly spread from edge to edge.
- Crumble the remaining oat mixture evenly over the top and press down lightly.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool before removing from the pan.
Bee Bold Peppermint Honey
Peppermint Honey is medium amber to amber in colour and tastes more of eucalypt than peppermint. It is a smooth liquid honey that will remind you of cool, mountainous Australian bush and has subtle hints of cloves and molasses. Very slow to crystallise.