- 1 ¼ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 ½ tbsp Bee Warm Pilliga Box Honey
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 ⅓ cup plain flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- ⅓ cup Bee Warm Pilliga Box Honey
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sour cream (room temperature)
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup mashed ripe banana (approximately 2 medium sized bananas )
- ¼ cup Bee Warm Pilliga Box Honey
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- ½ cup cake mixture
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ tbsp Bee Warm Pilliga Honey
- Preheat your oven to 160°C and grease or line a cake tin approximately 20cm X 20cm.
- For the crumble, combine the flour, cinnamon, sugar and honey in a bowl. Mix in the melted butter. The mixture should resemble wet, crumbly sand. Place the bowl in the refrigerator until the cake mixture is made.
- To make the cake mixture, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate larger bowl, whisk together the sugar, honey and butter. Once fully combined, whisk in the sour cream, egg, vanilla extract and mashed banana.
- Gently mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Once combined, set the mixture aside.
- To make the coffee swirl, in a small bowl dissolve the instant coffee with 1/4 cup of boiling water. Add the honey and 1/2 cup of cake mixture from the previous step. Mix until combined.
- To assemble the cake, pour half of the cake mixture into a lined cake tin. Spread the coffee swirl over the top of the cake mixture. Pour and spread the remaining half of the cake mixture on top.
- Remove the crumble from the refrigerator. It should be cold and firm. Use your fingers to crumble it over the top in an even layer.
- Place the cake in a pre-heated oven and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick in the centre comes out clean or with only a few moist crumbs. Allow the cake to cool before turning it out of the pan.
- While the cake cools, whisk together the icing sugar, honey and milk to make the honey glaze. If the icing is too thick to drizzle, add ½ tsp milk at a time until you have your desired consistency.
- Drizzle the icing over the top of the cake and enjoy!
Bee Warm Pilliga Box Honey
Pilliga Box Honey is pale to medium amber in colour with aromas of dry inland forest. It is has a warm mild woody flavour with hints of hazelnut. Pilliga Box Honey is moderately sweet with a warm aftertaste. Moderately quick to crystallise. This is a rare honey and Limited Edition.