- 180 g dark chocolate (chopped)
- 250 g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Bee Warm Red Sally Honey
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa (sifted)
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 22cm square cake pan and line with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate, honey and butter together in a small saucepan over a low heat. Ensure the mixture does not boil.
- Place the brown sugar and eggs into a large mixing bowl. Sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa.
- Pour over the melted chocolate and mix together until just combined and pour into the prepared cake tin.
- Top the mixture with the raspberries, lightly pressing them into the top. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a skewer comes out with only a few crumbs attached (it’s best to pull the brownies out early than to leave it in too long).
- Serve warm or cold with thick (double) cream or vanilla ice cream.
Bee Warm Red Sally Honey Jar 350g
A feisty name for a feisty honey! Red Sally Honey is known to pack a warm punch. It has aromas of liquorice and not surprisingly has strong aniseed notes and a lingering aftertaste.