- 375 g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon dried yeast
- 1.5 teaspoon dried yeast
- 2 teaspoon sugar (caster sugar)
- 500 ml water (warm not hot)
- In a medium sized bowl, sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together
- Add yeast and sugar and stir to combine
- Add warm water
- Stir well with a spoon until free from lumps
- Cover and rest for 30 minutes
- Cook in buttered rings on a low to medium heat, ideally in a non stick frying pan Note: only half fill each crumpet ring
- Remove the rings and flip the crumpets when they are nearly cooked through to briefly seal the top
Delicious homemade crumpets services with butter and your favourite Beechworth Honey.
Serving: 50 gCalories: 148 kcalCarbohydrates: 31 gProtein: 5 gFat: 1 gSaturated Fat: 1 gSodium: 132 mgPotassium: 63 mgFiber: 2 gSugar: 1 gVitamin C: 1 mgCalcium: 78 mgIron: 2 mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!