- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g Bee Warm Grey Box Honey
- 2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 800 g white chocolate melts
- 120 g white marshmallows (halved)
- 150 g dried apricots (chopped)
- 150 g dried cranberries
- 100 g pistachios
- Grease and line a 24 x 32cm deep oven tray with baking paper.
- Combine the cater sugar and honey together in a large saucepan. Simmer over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved. Avoid letting the mixture bubble.
- Increase to a moderate heat and simmer until the mixture turns a golden caramel colour (this won’t take long). Turn off the heat, and quickly pour in the bicarbonate soda, and mix with a wooden spoon. The mixture will expand and foam. Scrape into the prepared tin immediately – be careful, the mixture will be very hot!
- Set the mixture aside for 1 - 1.5 hours until it becomes hard. It will continue to bubble as it cools.
- While the honeycomb is cooling, line and grease a second 24 x 32cm deep oven tray with baking paper.
- Combine the marshmallows, apricots, cranberries and pistachios into a large bowl.
- Once the honeycomb has set, use a sharp knife to cut half of the mixture into rough 1cm pieces. Add these to the bowl.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30 second bursts until melted, stirring each time. Avoid overheating the chocolate.
- Pour melted chocolate over the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Chill for 30 mins, until set.
- Turn out onto a chopping board and remove the baking paper. Cut into 24 pieces.
Bee Warm Grey Box Honey Jar 350g
Grey Box Honey is light amber to medium amber in colour with sweet aromas and flavours of delicious warm rich toffee. It is usually a clear free flowing honey which is moderately quick to crystallise.