- 8 apples
- 1 orange
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 2 tsp whole cloves
- 1/2 cup Bee Bold Chestnut Honey
- 10 cups water
- Core and roughly chop your apples. Keeping the rind on, slice your orange into rings and then halves. Place your fruit into a large pot. Add cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Drizzle fruit and spices with honey, then pour in 10 cups water to cover the fruit.
- Bring the pot to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for 1-1.5 hours. The juice will reduce by about half and begin to turn amber in colour.
- If necessary, add more honey and additional hot water to taste. It should be sweet and spicy.
- Strain the liquid through a fine mesh colander or through a cheese cloth placed over a regular colander. Squeeze out as much juice as you can and discard the fruit pulp.
- Serve hot with some fresh apple and sliced orange.
Bee Bold Chestnut Honey 350g Jar
Chestnut Honey is medium amber in colour with delicious woody and roasted chestnut flavours. It is a silky smooth, dry honey with a lingering aftertaste.