- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk (warmed)
- ¼ cup Bee Creamy Honey
- 2 ½ tsp instant dry yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 ½ cups plain flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
Honey Almond Filling
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup Bee Creamy Honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups almond meal
Sticky Honey Icing
- 2 cups Bee Creamy Honey
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp water (warm)
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, honey, yeast and salt. With a wooden spoon or stand mixer with a dough hook, combine the flour eggs and buttermilk mixture until the dough begins to form.
- Add the butter and mix again. Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes. The dough should be soft and slightly sticky.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a clean, slightly damp cloth or tea towel. Set aside in a warm place for 1 hour to rise.
- While the dough is resting, make the honey almond filling by placing the butter, salt and honey in a medium bowl. Use an electric beater to combine the ingredients until they become light and fluffy. Gradually add the almond meal and eggs and mix again.
- Once the dough has finished resting, split it into two halves to make it easier to roll. Lightly flour your preparation surface to ensure the dough doesn't stick. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a rectangle approximately 20cm X 30cm. It should be about 1/2cm in thickness.
- Spread half of the honey almond filling onto the rolled dough. Cut the dough into long strips, approximately 4cm wide. Roll them into a spiral and place into a well-buttered baking dish. Repeat with the remaining dough and honey almond filling.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 45 minutes.
- While the scrolls are baking, you can make the sticky honey icing. In a bowl, whisk together the honey, water and icing sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the scrolls from the oven and set aside to cool. Once the scrolls have cooled, generously spread them with the sticky honey icing and serve!
Beechworth Honey Bee Creamy Honey
Creamed Honey is simply 100% natural Australian Honey that is stirred slowly to create a creamy texture. The result is delicious honey perfect for spreading and is sure to become a pantry favourite.