- 1 small wheel of quality Camembert Cheese
- 6-8 vine leaves (rinsed and patted dry)
- 1 jar Honey for Cheese, Honey & Nuts
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp pickling spice mix (from your supermarket)
- 1 large carrot (peeled and julienne sliced)
- Wrap the cheese wheel with vine leaves, ensuring that the wheel is completely covered.
- Bake the cheese on a lined baking tray for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese has become soft to touch and the vine leaves crispy.
- In a medium saucepan add water, sugar, vinegar and pickling spice mix. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the julienned carrot. Allow to cool in pickling liquid to infuse flavours.
- Serve baked cheese immediately, generously topped with Honey for Cheese, Honey & Nuts and a side serve of pickled carrots, muscatels & crostini.