- 3 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 375 ml beer (lager)
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Bee Bold Snow Gum Honey
- Place the butter into a loaf tin (approx. 22x12x7cm). Put it in the oven while the oven is preheating to melt.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in the beer, rosemary and honey until it is just incorporated. (The dough will be sticky and heavy.)
- Allow the melted butter to coat the inside of the loaf tin. Tip out the remaining butter and set aside. Spoon the bread dough into the tin and spread evenly; drizzle the remaining melted butter over the top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 180C, or until the bumpy top is golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the oven to a cooling rack; cut and serve warm.
Bee Bold Snow Gum Honey
Snow Gum Honey comes from the iconic trees found in Victoria’s snow covered High Country. It is pale amber in colour and has woody, eucalypt flavours with notes of roasted hazelnuts. A dry, slightly bitter honey with a strong bitey aftertaste. Very slow to crystallise.