- 2.5 kgs small onions (the smaller the better - the smaller the onions the quicker the pickling will take place)
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups Traditional Beechworth Honey
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 cloves
- 1 tbsp white peppercorns
- 2 tbsp salt
- Peel the onions.
- Combine all other ingredients and gently bring to the boil simmering for 5 minutes.
- Pack the onions into sterilised jars (sterilise the jars by placing them in a hot over - 180 degrees for 5 minutes - lids off). Be careful with the hot jars ensure you use an oven mitt when placing in and out of the oven.
- Pour the liquid over the onions and spoon the spices into the jars.
- Leave for 2 weeks before eating.
A family favourite and great for everyday, pure Australian honey in a 500g jar. From family beekeepers since 1880’s. Traditional Honey is a great all-rounder and a must-have pantry item.