- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bi-carb soda
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 3 bananas (peeled & copped)
- 60 g butter
- 1/2 cup Beechworth Honey Traditional Honey
- 225 ml milk
- 2 eggs
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 125 g cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease a 21cm x 11cm loaf tin and line the base with baking paper.
- Into a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and bi-carb soda. Add the coconut and pecans and mix to combine. Add the chopped bananas.
- Gently melt butter and honey until warm and pour into a bowl. Whisk in the milk and eggs and mix thoroughly. Add to the dry ingredients and stir gently until mixture is smooth.
- Pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre of the loaf.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out to cool completely.
- Place cream cheese and lemon juice into a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until pale gradually add icing sugar mixture, beating until combined.
- Spread on top of the loaf and sprinkle with walnuts.
Traditional Beechworth Honey
Our handy squeeze bottle is 400g of pure, 100% Australian honey. A pantry staple and great for everyday. Traditional Honey is a great all-rounder and a must-have pantry item.