- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 lemon (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups water
- 2 handfuls of fresh thyme
- Place the lemon and some of the fresh thyme in a large jar (500ml) and cover with the honey. The honey will draw out the lemon juice, and mixture will become quite thin.
- Cover the rest of the thyme with water in a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. Simmer until the liquid has reduce by half.
- Allow to cool and strain the thyme. Add the cooled liquid with the honey and lemon in the jar. Stir well to combine.
- Store the refrigerator for no more than 3 weeks.
- When needed, shake well and take one teaspoon of the mixture.