- 4 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup powdered gelatin (grass fed, organic if possible)
- Pop lemon juice and one cup of filtered water in a medium pot and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and add grated ginger. Leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
- While ginger is infusing, pour the remaining 1/2 cup of water into a bowl. Sprinkle over gelatin and leave to bloom.
- When ginger has infused, strain into a jug or bowl, discarding the ginger sediment. Transfer the bloomed gelatin mixture into the ginger-lemon water and whisk until completely dissolved and free of lumps.
- Stir in the honey. Taste for sweetness and adjust to your taste.
- Pour into moulds or into a a lined baking tray. Pop into the fridge until set. This should take a few hours.
- Remove from moulds or if using a large tray, cut into small even squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. (If they last that long!)