- 500 ml honey
- 1/2 cup dried chamomile (calming)
- 1 cup fresh thyme, dried out overnight (soothing)
- 1/2 cup freshly roasted coffee beans (invigorating)
- Add your chosen infusing ingredients to a 500ml jar or split across two 250ml jars.
- Top with honey, stopping to stir around half way. Fill to almost to the top and screw on the lid tight.
- Store the jar in a sunny spot on the kitchen bench, the gentle warmth will help the infusion process. To disperse the ingredients, gently shake and invert the jar every day or two.
- After 3-4 weeks your honey infusion will be full of new flavours and aromas. Decant and strain through a very fine sieve into a freshly cleaned jar.
- Store your infused honey in a cool, dark place in a tightly sealed jar to help maintain optimal freshness.
- Stir through a cup of tea, drizzle over a bowl of ice-cream or add some interest to a salad dressing.