- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups strawberries (roughly chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 handful fresh thyme
- Combine the strawberries, thyme, honey, and water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and continue to cook gently for 20 mintues. The mixture will thicken and deepen incolour. Make sure you stir every so often so the mixture doesn't catch on the bottom of the pan.
- You want the mixture to be thin enough to pour easily.
- Remove from the stove and strain mixture through a mesh sieve into a 500ml jar or bottle (you should have approxmiately 500ml of syrup).
- Once cooled, pop it in the fridge.
- Serve over ice and top with sparkling water.