- 2 tbsp Bee Delicate Ironbark Honey
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1-2 tbsp quality extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 watermelon (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 1 cucumber (cubed)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- For the vinaigrette, simply add all the ingredients into an old (honey) jar and give it an almighty shake. This will emulsify the ingredients into a lovely vinaigrette. The added joy of making it in the jar is that you can also transport the dressing safely to your picnic, BBQ or party destination.
- Peel and chop the watermelon into nice chunky cubes, and slice up the cucumber into similar sizes. You can leave the skin on. Pop into your serving dish.
- Roughly chop the herbs, and crumble the feta - ready for assembly.
- When you are ready, toss the dressing though the melon and cucumber and herbs, and finish by sprinkling the feta over the top. Enjoy!
Ironbark Honey is extra light amber to pale amber and is one of the most popular honeys in our varietal range. It is delicate and very sweet with aromas of fresh beeswax. It has buttery, creamy flavours with very little aftertaste. The is a lovely liquid honey that can crystallise quicky…if it lasts that long!