- ¾ cup Bee Bold Red Stringy Bark Honey
- 5 kg leg of ham (skin removed)
- 1 tbs sherry vinegar
- 120 g quince paste
- 3 beurre bosc or brown pears (thinly sliced )
- Pre heat oven to 150 degree celsius.
- Combine vinegar, quince paste and honey into a small saucepan, on medium heat.
- Whisk to combine.
- Continue to whisk until mixture thickens, being careful not to burn. This will take around 2 minutes.
- Wrap the ham hock with baking paper, securing firmly with kitchen twine.
- Apply a liberal coat of the glaze over the ham.
- Creating a scalloped effect, apply the pear slices to the glazed ham, starting at the opposite end to the hock. Add more glaze to the pear, after each row is complete to help secure the next row.
- Once all the pears have been arranged, apply another good brush of glaze over the pears before baking.
- Bake in a 150 degree celsius oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven every 10 minutes, and gently brush with the glaze and pan juice to build up colour and flavour.
- Once removed from the oven, serve immediately with crispy roast potatoes and your favourite greens.
Bee Bold Red String Bark Honey
Red Stringy Bark Honey is pale to medium amber in colour with a beautiful reddish tinge. It has aromas of fresh caramel and warm woody flavours of caramelised walnuts, making it one of our best selling honeys. Red Stringy Bark Honey is smooth and will remain in liquid form indefinitely.