- 1 tbsp lemon zest (approx 2 lemons)
- 3/4 cup Bee Fruity Blackberry Honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted, cooled)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the honey, lemon zest, and salt.
- Whisk in the melted butter, eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla until well combined.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour and baking soda. Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours. Chilling is mandatory for this sticky cookie dough.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Add the icing sugar and the caster sugar separately into two small bowls and set them aside.
- Scoop the chilled cookie dough and roll between your palms to form smooth balls to form bite size balls.
- Coat each dough ball with caster sugar, then coat evenly generously with icing sugar, and place 1 ½ centimetres apart on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tops crack slightly and the bottom edges are just starting to brown. Let them cool on the tray for 5 minutes then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust lightly with additional icing sugar and serve with a warm cuppa!
Bee Fruity Blackberry Honey 350g Jar
Blackberry Honey is a light amber to pale amber coloured honey with aromas of citrus and lovely fruity berry flavours. It is slightly sweet with no aftertaste. This honey is a rare and limited edition.