- 1.2 kg good quality diced lamb
- 2 tbsp Bee Warm Macadamia Honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup mint (chopped)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 5 cloves garlic (finely diced)
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp hulled tahini
- 1 tbsp Bee Warm Macadamia Honey
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Lemon wedges
- Soak bamboo skewers in water, set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and carefully thread 3-4 cubes of the marinated lamb on the soaked bamboo skewers.
- Drizzle extra marinade over skewers.
- Heat a heavy based pan over a med-high heat, drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Carefully place half the skewers into the hot pan. Cook on each side for 1-2 minutes, aiming for a deep golden colour. Remove the first batch from the pan and repeat with the second half. Also perfect for cooking on a hot grill or BBQ.
- Allow to rest while making the tahini yoghurt.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well until the mixture thickens.
- In a large shallow serving dish, spread the tahini yoghurt mixture evenly in the bottom.
- Arrange a garnish of green herbs around the edge of the bowl.
- Carefully stack the rested lamb skewers.
- Drizzle the resting meat juices.
- Garnish with extra chopped mint and lemon wedges.
Bee Warm Macadamia Honey
Macadamia Honey is a rich pale amber to medium amber colour with sweet honey aromas and complex flavours of malt and caramel. It can be intensely sweet to taste but finishes with savoury tones. Macadamia Honey will slowly begin to form small individual crystals from the bottom of the jar upwards after about one year.