- 150 g unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Bee Bold Messmate Honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups rice bubbles
- 250 g milk chocolate melts
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper. Set aside.
- Place the butter, honey, and salt into a small saucepan and gently warm on low heat until melted.
- Place the oats and rice bubbles in a large bowl and pour over the honey-butter mixture. Stir to combine.
- Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture firmly into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden on top. The mixture will still be soft, however, it will firm up as it cools. Allow to cool completely.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30 second bursts until melted, stirring each time. Avoid overheating the chocolate.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the slice and spread evenly. Place into the fridge until the chocolate has set.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into 12 rectangles to serve.
Bee Bold Messmate Honey
Messmate Honey is bright pale to medium amber in colour and has an intensely sweet aroma that is similar to the Australian bush after rain. It has a woody, eucalyptus flavour with a delicious hint of roasted hazelnuts. Usually slow to crystallise.